26 Nov 2013

Stephen; another player eyes Eagles return

Nigeria midfielder Stephen Sunday of Israeli side Bnei Sakhnin FC is hoping to get back into contention for selection for the Super Eagles.

The 25 year-old has been capped once for Nigeria, in September 2010 he was called up for Nigeria's 2012 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Guinea, and made his debut in the.game as a starter. He has also represented Spain at junior level having dual citizenship.
In a chat with Brilafm.net, Sunday said that he believes that he can add to the Eagles if given a chance adding that he chatted to coach Stephen Keshi prior to the Fifa
Confederations Cup.
"Firstly I would love to congratulate them, the Eagles players, the coaching crew and Nigerians for the feat achieved in qualifying for the world cup next year in Brazil”.
“We have really worked hard to be where we are, but I still believe we can get to where we want to be, and I am looking to play for the
national team.
“I hope to be back in the squad as its every players dream and I sincerely believe I have a lot to give to the national team, the Super
Eagles, if the opportunity is given to me,” he
said.
I spoke with the gaffer after the match against Mexico, but really don’t know what went wrong after that. I believe if given the opportunity, I will give my very best,” he added.

Pray Keshi gets the wisdom to choose and handle all this people "i pray to come back" issues #justsaying

No comments:

Post a Comment